There are several ways that buying a new HVAC system can save you money:
- Energy efficiency: Newer HVAC systems are much more energy-efficient than older models. This means that they will use less energy to heat and cool your home, which will result in lower utility bills. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a new HVAC system can save you an average of 20-40% on your heating and cooling costs.
- Reduced repairs and maintenance: Older HVAC systems are more likely to break down and require repairs. This can be expensive and inconvenient. A new HVAC system will require less maintenance and repairs, which will save you money in the long run.
- Improved comfort: Newer HVAC systems are designed to provide more consistent and comfortable heating and cooling. This is because they have better thermostats and more advanced technology.
- Increased home value: A new HVAC system can increase the value of your home. This is because it is a major upgrade that will make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
How do you know when your HVAC is costing you more money than a new unit would cost you?
There are a few signs that your HVAC system may be costing you more money than a new unit would:
- Your energy bills are rising. If your energy bills have been increasing steadily over time, it is a sign that your HVAC system is becoming less efficient.
- Your system is constantly breaking down. If you are having to call for repairs on your HVAC system on a regular basis, it is a sign that it is time to replace it.
- Your system is more than 10 years old. Most HVAC systems have a lifespan of 10-15 years. As air conditioners age, they become less efficient due to wear, and are more likely to break down.
- Your system is not keeping you comfortable. If your home is not being heated or cooled evenly, or if you are having trouble maintaining a comfortable temperature, it is a sign that your HVAC system is not working properly.
When should you begin to think about purchasing a new HVAC unit? If you are experiencing any of the signs listed above, it is time to start thinking about purchasing a new HVAC unit. You should also start thinking about a new unit if you are planning to sell your home in the near future. A new HVAC system is a major upgrade that will make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
When you have decided that a new Air Conditioning & Heating system is in your future, Air & Electrical Services can help you find the best system for your home. Upgrading your homes Air Conditioning & Heating system can be a big investment, but it is one that can save you money in the long run.