Having changed out hundreds of panels over the years, Air & Electrical Services should be your first choice when it comes to panel upgrades. Your breaker panel is the safety backbone of your home. When it comes to knowing the code and following the correct steps to provide neat and reliable installations, nobody does panel replacements better than Air & Electrical Services.
Here are the things you can expect when an electrician replaces your electrical panel:
- We will pull a permit with the local building department.
- We schedule your power to be disconnected with the power company.
- Our electricians will remove the old electrical panel. This may require some demolition work, depending on the location of the panel.
- Our electricians will install the new electrical panel and breakers, connected to existing wiring.
- Once the new electrical panel is installed and tested, the electrician will turn the power back on to your home.
The entire process of replacing an electrical panel usually takes anywhere from 4 to 8 hours but can be longer, depending on the complexity of the job. Your home will be without power during this time.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when replacing an electrical panel:
- Our electricians will need to access the electrical panel, which may require removing some drywall.
- You will need to provide the electrician with access to your electrical panel, as well as any other areas of your home that may need to be accessed.
Replacing an electrical panel is a major project, but it is important to do it if your old panel is outdated, damaged, or is no longer deemed safe by insurance companies. A new electrical panel will improve the safety and reliability of your home’s electrical system.