As your home ages, it’s important to keep an eye on the electrical system to make sure it’s still up to code and safe to use. Here are five signs that your home may need electrical upgrades:
- Flickering lights. If your lights are flickering, it can be a sign that the electrical system is overloaded or that there is a problem with the wiring.
- Tripping breakers. If your breakers are tripping frequently, it’s a sign that the electrical system is overloaded. This can be a fire hazard, so it’s important to have the problem fixed as soon as possible.
- Outdated wiring. If your home’s wiring is more than 25 years old, it’s a good idea to have it inspected by an electrician to make sure it’s still safe. Old wiring can be brittle and break easily, which can lead to electrical shocks and fires.
- Lack of outlets. If you don’t have enough outlets in your home, you may be using extension cords and power strips to plug in appliances. This can be a fire hazard, so it’s important to have additional outlets installed by an electrician.
- Aluminum wiring. If your home has aluminum wiring, it’s important to have it replaced by an electrician. Aluminum wiring is a fire hazard, and it’s no longer used in new construction.
If you notice any of these signs in your home, it’s important to contact an electrician to have your electrical system inspected and upgraded. A qualified electrician can assess your needs and recommend the best course of action to ensure that your home’s electrical system is safe and up to code.
If you’re concerned about the electrical system in your home, contact Air & Electrical Services today to discuss your needs.