What to expect when you have your HVAC unit replaced:
How long will it typically take to have your HVAC unit replaced? The amount of time it takes to replace your HVAC unit will vary depending on the size of your home, the type of system you are having installed, and the availability of your installer. However, most HVAC replacements can be completed in one day, a a few take up to two days.
Does your installer have to replace your ductwork when they replace your HVAC unit? Air & Electrical Services will inspect your ductwork to see if it is old, damaged, or leaking. However, it is not always necessary to replace your ductwork when you replace your HVAC unit. If your ductwork is in good condition, we will inspect it and seal any leaks we uncover.
Does your installer have to replace your thermostat when they replace your HVAC unit? You may want to consider replacing your thermostat when you replace your HVAC unit, especially if your old thermostat is not digital or does not have the features you want. However, it is not necessary to replace your thermostat when you replace your HVAC unit. Your installer can simply connect your new HVAC system to your existing thermostat.
Here is a general overview of what to expect when it is time to have have your HVAC unit replaced:
- Schedule a consultation with Air & Electrical Services. We will come to your home, review your current equipment and any issue you may have, and assess your needs to provide you with an estimate.
- Choose the HVAC system that is right for your needs and budget. Review financing options and secure financing if needed.
- Schedule a date and time to install your new HVAC system.
- Air & Electrical Services will remove your old HVAC system and install the new one. This process can take several hours.
- Air & Electrical Services will test the new HVAC system to make sure it is working properly.
- Air & Electrical Services will clean up after the installation and show you how to operate your new HVAC system.